Kids and Body Image
With Hillary L McBride MA, RCC, PhD candidate.
Workshop and Parent night out
Thursday December 7, 2017: 7-9pm
At Chorus and Clouds, 197 East 17th Ave
Tickets are $35 per person, available on our workshops page
Includes appetizers and a fancy beverage.
Hillary’s recently released book “Mothers, daughters, and Body image: Learning to love ourselves as we are” – will be available for purchase at the event as well.
Come learn about how to help your kids develop healthy body image.
This will include important research-based skills and information on
- How to talk to your children about bodies, appearance, and media
- How body image develops, and what health body image is
- What to look for if you are worried about your kid’s body image
- How to be a support through development
- What to do if you struggle with your own body image, and don’t want your kids to feel the same way about their bodies
Hillary McBride is a clinical counsellor with a private practice in Vancouver, BC. When not seeing clients, she is a PhD student in counselling psychology at UBC, and teaches MA students in counselling psychology. Hillary’s clinical and research work is centered on making information, research, and skills about mental health accessible to people in all walks of life. Hillary has done extensive speaking, writing, and researching in the fields of body image, eating disorder treatment and prevention, trauma, developmental psychology, and building healthy parent-child relationships. Check out more of her work online: www.hillarylmcbride.com